Sunday, January 3, 2016

Pick 3 {January}

It's the third of the month, so it's time for Pick 3!


Courtesy of PAWSitively Teaching, Just Reed, and Inspired Owl's Corner, the Pick 3 Pinterest Party is an opportunity for us each to share three pins that we plan on using in our own classrooms.

I go back to school on Monday, and I plan on continuing with winter fun - despite the fact that we live in Phoenix, and many of my students have NEVER seen snow!  Snowflakes offer lots of engaging explorations - angles, symmetry, sensory language, and the list goes on.  Here are three pins that I plan on using this week!





Here is a great little collection of videos about snowflakes.  It ranges from preschoolers up through big kids.  Another video that I found is this:  Science of Snow.



I love this freebie!  Are you looking for a fun way for your kiddos to learn and practice vocabulary related to angles?  Then you might want to take a look at this "It's Snowing Angles!" activity:


And here is my third for today:




I plan on having my students write about snowflakes, so this post about wintery words will be a good starting point as we brainstorm our own word bank of snowflake words!

If you would like to link up as well, just visit PAWSitively TeachingJust Reed, or Inspired Owl's Corner to join the fun!

Have a super Sunday and a wonderful week back to school!


10 comments:

  1. I'm gonna peruse your video collection and add any that are missing from mine. I love the snow unit! Thanks, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad, Kathleen! Thank you for reading and commenting! :o) Pamela

      Delete
  2. So many great snowflake ideas! Thank you for sharing your pins and linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Marissa! Thank you for reading and commenting - and for hosting such a fun monthly link up! xo Pamela

      Delete
  3. Your posts are fabulous! I want to have lots of snowy lessons and fun in January, too, so these will be a hit! Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ashley! And thank you for your monthly linky - I just love Pick 3! xo Pamela

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of the snow videos! I am always looking for calming videos to use with my class and I don't know why I never though of snow! Falling snow is so calming and peaceful. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Kayla
    The Chalkboard Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your idea of using calming videos as a tone setter, Kayla! Thank you for commenting! xo Pamela

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the link to the snowflake videos. I'll be using that this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad they're something you can put to good use, Barbara! Thank you for reading and commenting! xo Pamela

      Delete