teaching ideas

book reviews

resources

Teacher Wisdom: Classroom Management

Welcome to this month's Teacher Wisdom linky!  I'm so happy to join up with Sarah at More than a Worksheet to bring you tips and ideas that I hope you will find to be helpful in your classroom!

This month's topic is Classroom Management:
Here are a few Pinterest finds that I thought I would share with you this morning!



Have you seen these photos and articles that illustrate the types of behaviors expected of teachers way back when?  These always make me laugh!    I won't say we have it easy these days, but we've sure come a long way!





I love this little round-up of attention-getters from jivey.  She wrote a post about how these types of interactions between teacher and students provide a Whole Brain Teaching way of getting students' attention.  I did have to chuckle at part of her post in which she said she will need to re-do the graphic, because the incorrect spelling of COLLABORATE is driving her nuts!



I truly believe in my heart that most if not all students want to behave appropriately.  Quite often, all they need is a reminder to get back on track - and that's why I love this fun idea from Mrs. Karen's Preschool Ideas.  It's an empty old spray bottle that's been cleaned out, and she uses it as needed to "spritz" on students who need a little reminder to quiet down!


I love this quote that I found on Pinterest.  It reminds me that it's not what we've been doled out, but what we do with it that counts.  I find this reminder to be very empowering.  Through purposeful implementation of effective classroom management practices, we can make this a phenomenally productive year for all students.

And remember:  You've got this!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and before you leave - please consider linking up with us!  This is a brand new linky, and the more educators that participate, the more awesome the quantity of ideas and tips that will be shared amongst as all!  It's very easy - and as you can see from my post here - super quick.  Just write a little post with Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, and Something True, and then link up below!

Have an awesome year! xo





2 comments

  1. That list of rules for teachers is incredible…no pool halls or public dancing? No suffragettes! Wow! Great collection of tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm....checking outhouses daily...thank god we have a union or we would still be cleaning the bathrooms at schools too! LOL. Great posts. Definitely need to get some of that Quiet Spray as the noise level in my class has skyrocketed since we began 2 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete