Tuesday, June 16, 2015

One Lovely Blog Award!


A few days ago, I received the nicest surprise:  Amy at My Bright Bunch nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award!


*** In related news:  I highly recommend that everybody go visit Amy's blog, My Bright Bunch, this week.   She and two bloggy friends (Marie at Once Upon a Classroom and Nicole at Adventures in the ATC) are having a big blog redesign giveaway - up for grabs are gift certificates to Erin Condren and Amazon! ***

Here are 10 facts about me:

1.  My first teaching job was intermediate grades Gifted in 1992.  (Boy, does that make me sound ancient or what?!?)  I've also taught 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th-grade Honors Math, and spent a few years as an Instructional Coach - but I ended up coming back to my first love - Gifted self-contained 3rd grade - and stayed there until I left the classroom two years ago.

2.  I am obsessed with adorable bento box lunch ideas for kids.

3.  Some of my Education Loves other than Gifted and Third Grade - multi-age, looping, Integrated Thematic Instruction, Multiple Intelligences, constant differentiation, literature based units, and integrating EVERYTHING!

4.  I am addicted to classic radio, and my favorites are the old time detective programs like Yours Truly Johnny Dollar, Broadway Is My Beat, and Nero Wolfe.

5.  More addictions:  movies, cheese, Italian food (there's that cheese thing again), and books!

6.  I studied Japanese in college.  All I can say is, "This is a book" and "Thank you."  My Japanese friends tell me that neither statement sounds even remotely like anything Japanese when it comes out of my mouth.

7.  Mr. Hedgehog and I love to travel, and we are total geeky tourists everywhere we go.  Most of our trips involve museums, historical sites, local restaurants, and wineries or breweries.  Perhaps we are total lushes too!

8.  Most everybody in my life thinks I am super organized, but it's all a facade compensation for my stacking tendencies.  For this reason I am always reading some book or another on organization, decluttering, and the zen of being tidy.

9.  My 96-year-old Gram immigrated from Montenegro via the Queen Mary in 1938.  One of my favorite family trips as a teenager was when our parents took my brother and me to visit the farm my grandmother was born and raised on in Vinica of Crna Gora (Black Mountains).

10.  I was born and raised in Alaska, and most of my family still lives there.  We visit often!

And now it's my turn to share the love!  I nominate the following fabulous bloggers for the One Lovely Blog award:

Cassandra at Mrs. 3rd Grade
Mrs. D at The Third Wheel
Carla at Comprehension Connection

If you accept, please share a few fun facts about yourself on your blog!

Happy Tuesday!


2 comments:

  1. You're amazing! Thank you for sharing Pam and for the nomination! I can't wait to share with my readers about how awesome you are!! :)

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cassandra you are the sweetest! I'm excited to read YOUR post! :o)

    ReplyDelete