teaching ideas

book reviews

resources

April's Pick 3 - Focus on Earth Day

It's the third of the month, so that means it's time for Pick 3, which just happens to be one of my very favorite linky parties!
Hosted by Marissa at Inspired Owl's Corner and Lisa at PAWSitively Teaching, this fun link-up provides an opportunity for educators to share three Pinterest finds that they can use in their classrooms that month.  This month I focused on Earth Day to help me choose from all the awesome Pinterest goodies out there!  Clicking on each of the images will take you directly to the original pin.

 First on my list is this AH.DOR.A.BLE craft - I mean, really, could this little Earth be any cuter?

Next is a wonderfully rich STEAM project that could be adapted for children of any grade level.  I can already think up a zillion possibilities for this tunnel book:

My third and final pin today is this round-up of technology resources for Earth Day.  I just love it when I find a cool idea on Pinterest that takes me to a blog that I already follow!  These wonderful ideas come from Stephanie Van Horn at 3rd Grade Thoughts:

I hope you found a little something here that you'll be able to use for Earth Day, or really for any time that you are teaching about taking care of our planet.

Please feel free to link up with us and share YOUR favorite Pinterest finds!  You will find the link-up and all of the cute linky party graphics at Marissa's and Lisa's blogs (by clicking on their blogs' names above).

10 comments

  1. I love the little earth that you described. It was really an adorable one for the little kiddos. I think it was the smile that set me in.

    Jasmine H.
    The Dots of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sweet little smile is exactly what captured my heart too!
      Thank you so much for visiting, Jasmine! :o) Pam

      Delete
  2. Yep, the earth wins the prize today! Too cute! See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little sweetie does seem to be getting the most thumbs up!
      Thanks for stopping by, Kathleen! :o) Pam

      Delete
  3. That Earth craft is really adorable! Now I need to find 24 inexpensive styrofoam balls. My to-do list is growing! Plus, I need an extra hour on Earth Day! Ha ha! Thanks for the cute idea!
    Undercover Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to grab an extra hour whenever we needed it? :o)
      Thanks for visiting, Chrissie, and good luck with your crafting! :o) Pam
      (P.S. Please let me know if you find inexpensive styrofoam balls - so far the cheapest I've found is almost a dollar per ball - yikes!)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the Earth Day art project too! So adorable! And that tunnel book- I have never seen anything like it! I have a super artistic student who could make something amazing with that! Thank you for the tech info- I know that will come in handy! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Marissa - I really enjoy your linky party! I had not seen a project like that tunnel book either, and it really caught my eye; I think you're right about it being a really neat challenge for our more artistic kids! :o)

      Delete
  5. I love all 3 ideas! I'll definitely check out the thechnology resources suggested, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them, Naima! Brain Pop and Brain Pop Jr. are the only two that I'd used in my classroom, so I am looking forward to seeing how I like those others as well. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting! :o) Pamela

      Delete